What You Need:
- 1½ cup soya beans, soaked
- ½ cup refined flour or rice flour
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons gram flour
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup cornstarch slurry
- ½ cup soya mince
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Sugarcane sticks
- Ask parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Adding water as required, grind the soya beans into a fine purée. Transfer into a bowl.
- Take the flour in a bowl and add the prepared paste and salt to it. Mix well and keep aside.
- Take a portion of the dough, shape it into a round roti and cut it into ½ inch thick strips. Wrap the sugarcane sticks with these strips. Boil the wrapped sugarcane strips in boiling water for 4-5 minutes and transfer to a bowl of ice. Remove and keep aside.
- Take the yoghurt in a large bowl add the gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and mix well. Add salt and mix.
- Coat the prepared chaaps with this mixture, then dip it in cornstarch slurry and soya mince and deep-fry till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.