What You Need:
- Crepe paper in different colours
- Draw a simple image of Lord Ganesh. Don't draw any details in the palms; just the basic shape.
- Choose crepe paper in floral colours. Take a long folded sheet of crepe paper and cut it into medium-sized strips as shown in the picture.
- Dip your paintbrush in glue and apply it on a small patch of the Ganesh image.
- Unfold the crepe strips, tear small pieces from them and crush them into balls. Stick them on the glue before it dries up. The more neatly you crush the paper, the better will be the final outcome.
- Complete one patch at a time. Use yellow and orange for the skin. You can use red to break the monotony.
- For the clothes, create patterns using crepe paper.
- Fill the background before you start working on the crown. Use colours like purple and green for the background.
- Now, complete the crown and the eyes.
- Add another round of crepe paper around the entire picture to complete the artwork and use it to decorate your house during Ganesh Chaturthi!