What You Need:
- 48-inch yellow woollen thread
- 4-inch flexible wire
- 12 blue, 6 red and 2 yellow beads
- Bend the flexible wire into a loop, with the help of an adult. Loop the woollen thread over itself till you have 4 equal lengths, as shown in the picture.
- Insert the wire in both the loops of the thread. This will be used as a needle.
- Slide two red beads through the wire onto the thread.
- Slide a blue bead through the wire onto the thread.
- Separate the loops to create 2 loops as shown. Use the wire to slide 4 blue beads, 2 on each loop.
- Bring both the loops together and insert a blue bead through the wire, onto the thread. Slide on 2 red beads too.
- Add 2 yellow beads.
- Repeat steps 6, 5, 4 and 3.
- Tie knots on both sides of the thread just after the beads. Cut the loops on both ends. Your rakhi is ready!