What You Need:
- A dark room
- Torch or flashlight
- Cover the light on the flashlight/ torch with some foil.
- Switch on the torch and place it on a table in a dark room.
- Hold a mirror in front of the torch.
- Where does the beam of light shine? Is the light beam where you thought it would land?
- Now place a ball close by and try moving the mirror to see if you can get the spot of light to reach the ball.
- Continue trying to get the light spot to hit different objects in the room.
When light hits shiny surfaces like a mirror, it can bounce off and travel in different directions.