What You Need:
- Ice cube - 1
- Nylon thread
- Turn the container upside down and put it on the tray.
- Place the ice cube on top of the container.
- Tie weights to the two ends of the nylon thread.
- Place the thread with the weights over the ice cube in such a way that the weights are left dangling over the side of the container and the thread lies horizontally across the ice cube.
- Watch it for around 5 minutes.
The pressure from the two weights pulls the thread through the ice cube by melting the ice directly under the nylon thread. This is similar to ice skating, where the blades of a skater melts the ice directly underneath, allowing the skater to move smoothly on a thin layer of water.