What You Need:
- Toothpicks, matchsticks or skewer sticks
- Modelling clay, play dough or thermocol balls
- Glue (optional)
- If you are using modelling clay or play dough, roll out several balls using your hands.
- Stick a matchstick, toothpick or skewer stick (whichever you are using) into one ball and then push another ball onto the other end of the matchstick and continue building from here.
- Once you have made all the holes needed in the balls, remove the sticks and add a bit of glue to the ends of your sticks as you rebuild your model and allow the glue to dry.
- Make different structures and figure out which one is the strongest.
If time allows, you might want to roll out the number of balls from modelling clay needed and then insert the sticks where you want them to be. Then remove all the sticks and allow the modelling clay to dry for a few days before making your model. The holes should shrink a bit to make the fit tighter when you insert the sticks for building.