What You Need:
- Books (1inch thick or more)
- Wooden rulers (12inch) - 2
- Plastic funnels of the same size - 2
- Black electrical tape
- Start by stacking two books on top of each other on the floor.
- Next, set the third book a little away on the floor so that you can lay the ruler across the books to form a bridge.
- Set the second ruler next to the first one to form a V-shape with the open end of the V on the stack of two books.
- Tape the bowls (larger ends) of the funnels together.
- Place the joined funnels on the lower end of the track formed by the rulers.
At first glance the taped funnels appear to defy the laws of gravity. However, in reality, the centre of gravity (the point at which the effect of gravity on an object is concentrated most) on the anti-gravity machine moves downwards as the joined funnels move along the inclined rulers. The centre of gravity on our machine is the middle section where the tape connects the two funnels.