- An exclamation associated with tasty food.
- Is used for food that is pleasing to the senses;
- Synonym: Delicious, extremely attractive or appealing
Have you eaten a salad today? Come on, don't wring your nose up! Eat your salads to complete the colour cycle in your stomach. Scientists across the world have proven that the brilliant colours of fruits and vegetables are powerful nutrients by themselves. A book called 'The Color Code' tells us a lot more about these natural colourful cycles. Here's your guide to nature's colourful basket. And remember, you must eat each one of these colours every day:
- Yellow/Orange Foods: Carrots, pumpkins, apricots, oranges, grapefruit, lemons, pineapple, yellow peppers.
- Red Foods: Tomatoes, grapefruits, watermelons, cherries, beets, strawberries, raspberries, radishes, red peppers.
- Blue/Purple Foods: Blueberries, blackberries, purple grapes, raisins, prunes, plums, brinjals.
- White Foods: White onions, garlic.
- Green Foods: Spinach, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, peppers, kale, collard greens.
Did you know there's a company by the name of Yum! Yum Brands is a corporation that owns the
restaurant chains KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Long John Silver's and East Dawning! You must have
surely heard of KFC and Pizza Hut.
Foods That Make Your Mouth Water!
- Chocolates are made from the pulp of the cocoa tree. The actual product cocoa is bitter and needs sweetening to be made into chocolate.
- In China, burgers are called Hanbao, while in Japan they are called Hanbaga. 'Shami Burger' is Pakistan's famous burger while in Malaysia it's the 'Ramly Burger'. The word 'Hamburger' comes from Hamburg in Germany.
- French Fries were invented by the Belgians during the 18th century. One of the earliest references we have to 'chips' is in Charles Dickens' book 'Tale of Two Cities': "husky chips of potatoes, fried with some reluctant drops of oil."
- Ice-cream is a frozen dessert made from dairy products combined with different flavourings and sugar. In India, Mughal emperors used relays of horsemen in the 16th century to bring ice from Hindu Kush to Delhi which was used in fruit sorbets.
- Lollipop is a type of confectionary consisting of hardened, flavoured sucrose mounted on a stick.
Make Your Own Strawberry Banana Smoothie!
All you need to do is blend a combination of your favourite fresh fruit with crushed ice or yoghurt (curd)
and enjoy the yummy taste. Make it for your parents when they come back after a hard day at work.
What You Need:
- Banana, frozen - 1
- Strawberries, frozen - 6
- Water/ice - 1/4 cup
- Yoghurt - 1 cup
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Chill and serve.