What You Need:
- 3 cups refined flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter + for basting
- 1 cup milk
For the Stuffing:
- 3 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon dried pomegranate seeds (anardana)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1½ teaspoons chaat masala
- 1½ teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Mix the refined flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the sugar, salt, butter and milk to the flour. Knead it into a soft dough. Cover it with a damp cloth and set it aside for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- For the stuffing, mix the potatoes, garam masala powder, green chillies, coriander leaves, chaat masala, red chilli powder, pomegranate seeds and onion.
- Divide both the dough and the stuffing into 8 equal portions. Roll each dough portion into a ball, spread it slightly on your palm and place a portion of the stuffing on it. Close in the edges to make a ball that covers the stuffing. Press lightly to seal.
- Roll the balls into thick rotis of 5 to 6 inches in diameter. Place the rotis, 2 at a time, on a baking tray and bake. Baste with butter and cook for 8 minutes. Serve hot.