What You Need:
- Potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes 2 medium sized
- Finely chopped spinach 1 cup
- Rice, soaked 1(1/2) cups
- Bottle gourd (doodhi), peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes 1/4 medium
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Tomato finely chopped 1 medium
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds. When they begin to change colour, add the tomato, potatoes and bottle gourd and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and spinach and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add 3 cups of hot water and salt and mix.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook till the rice and the vegetables are done.
- Serve hot.