What You Need:
- 300 grams noodles
- 6 tablespoons oil + for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 100 grams boneless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- ½ medium carrot, cut into thin strips
- 4 French beans, cut into diagonal pieces
- ¼ small cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ tablespoon soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon white pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ medium green capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Boil the noodles until almost cooked; drain and cool. Heat sufficient oil in a wok and deep-fry the noodles till they are crisp and golden brown in colour. Drain them on an absorbent paper. Divide the fried noodles into 4 equal portions and keep them in separate shallow plates or a serving platter.
- Mix the corn flour in ½ a cup of water.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan, break an egg and cook it for ½ a minute on both sides. Repeat to make 4 double fried eggs. Keep them in a plate.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick wok or a pan, add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for ½ a minute. Add the chicken strips and cook for ½ a minute. Add the onion, carrot, French beans and cabbage and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, soya sauce, white pepper powder, salt and capsicum and mix. Stir in the chicken stock. Cook for 2 minutes and stir in the corn flour mixture. Continue to cook for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the vinegar and bean sprouts and stir well. Pour over the fried noodles.
- Top each bowl with a double fried egg and serve hot.