What You Need:
- 1˝ cups chickpeas (kabuli chana), soaked overnight and boiled
- 4 baby burger buns
- Oil for deep-frying
- 2 medium onions
- 5 to 7 fresh parsley sprigs
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon refined flour (maida)
- 4 tablespoons hung yoghurt
- 4 to 5 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 teaspoons red sweet chilli sauce
- Ask a parent or an adult to help you with the recipe.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Put the chickpeas in a mixer jar. Quarter the onions, add to the mixer along with parsley and garlic and grind till smooth. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Add salt and refined flour and mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape them into falafels.
- Deep-fry the falafels in hot oil till crisp and golden on both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Slit the burger buns without cutting through and spread 1 tablespoon of hung yoghurt in the slits of each bun. Roughly tear the lettuce leaves and place them in the slit along with a falafel. Spread 1 teaspoon of red sweet chilli sauce over the falafel.
- Arrange the burgers on a serving plate and serve immediately.