What You Need:
- 4 burger buns
- 4 large onions, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ cup gram flour
- ½ bunch spinach leaves, shredded
- Oil for shallow frying
- Mint mayonnaise as required
- Romaine lettuce leaves as required
- Tomato slices as required
- Potato salli to serve
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- In a bowl, add the onions, salt, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, carom seeds and gram flour and mix well. Add the spinach leaves and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick pan. Divide the mixture into equal portions, shape each into a cutlet and place it in the hot oil.
- Shallow fry till the cutlets are golden and crispy. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Slit the burger buns in half, apply mint mayonnaise on both the sides and place a few leaves of lettuce on the base of each bun.
- Place the prepared bhaji on the lettuce and top with tomato slices. Place the top of the bun on to make the burgers.
- Serve immediately along with potato salli.