What You Need:
- Babycorn cobs, slit into 2 lengthways - 8
- Paneer - 250gms
- Green chillies, chopped - 5 to 6
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped fresh coriander - 3 teaspoon
- Ginger, chopped - 1inch
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Chaat masala - 2 teaspoon
- Tandoori masala - 1 teaspoon
- Bread slices, soaked and crumbled - 4
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow-frying
- Blanch the babycorn cobs in 2 cups of water. Drain and cool.
- ¨Place the paneer in a deep bowl and mash it well. Add the green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, fresh coriander, ginger, chilli powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala, tandoori masala, bread and salt. Knead well to make a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 16 portions. Shape into elongated 1 1/2inch-thick kababs. Insert a halved babycorn cob into each kabab in such a way that 2inches of the cob sticks out.
- ¸ Heat a tawa. Place the kababs on it, drizzle a little oil all around and shallow fry till golden brown. Turn the kababs over frequently so that they brown evenly. Serve hot with ketchup.
Recipe for children by Sanjeev Kapoor, Master Chef, Author and Television Host.