What You Need:
- Biscuits, broken - 10 to 12
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Brown sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Strawberry jelly crystals - 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Custard powder - 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Milk - 1 litre
- Powdered sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Roughly chopped assorted fruit (pears and apples) - 1 cup
- Black grapes - 6 to 8
- Green grapes - 6 to 8
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Heat water in a non-stick pan.
- Coarsely grind together the biscuits, butter and brown sugar in a mixer jar and transfer into a bowl.
- Spread a layer of the biscuit mixture into individual cups and press lightly.
- Place the strawberry jelly crystals in a bowl, add a cup of hot water and stir till the crystals dissolve. Keep aside to cool.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan. Mix the custard powder in 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and add to the boiling milk. Cook, stirring continuously till it thickens.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix. Add fruits to the custard and mix well.
- Spread the fruits over the layer of biscuit. Then spread the strawberry jelly over the fruits.
- Set in the refrigerator, cool and serve.
Recipe for children by Sanjeev Kapoor, Master Chef, Author and Television Host.