What You Need:
- Chocolate cookies - 12
- Chocolate sauce - 8 tablespoons
- Chilled milk - 3 cups
- Vanilla ice cream - 8 scoops
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Break the cookies and put them into a mixer container. Coarsely crumble a few pieces and set them aside for decoration.
- Add the chocolate sauce, milk and vanilla ice cream and blend. Take care not to blend till smooth.
- Pour into four individual glasses.
- Sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top and serve immediately.
The origins of ice cream can be traced back to at least the 4th Century BC. Early references include the Roman emperor Nero who ordered ice to be brought from the mountains and combined it with fruit toppings and King Tang of Shang, China who had a method of creating ice and milk concoctions. Ice cream was probably brought from China back to Europe. The first ice cream parlour in America opened in 1776 in New York City. The walk-away edible cone made its American debut at the 1904 St Louis World's Fair. British chemists discovered a method of doubling the amount of air in ice cream, thus creating soft ice cream. Today, all kinds of ingredients are used to make ice cream from chillies to black sesame seeds!