What You Need:
- Boneless chicken breasts/Paneer - 400gms
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 2 teaspoons
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Gram flour (besan) - 1 1/2 cups
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped - 3 tablespoons
- Carom seeds (ajwain) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder - a pinch
- Oil - to deep fry
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Cut chicken breasts or paneer into two inch by half inch strips.
- Marinate the chicken pieces or paneer in a mixture of lemon juice, one teaspoon red chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix gram flour, remaining red chilli powder, coriander leaves, carom seeds, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add sufficient water to form a smooth and thick batter. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Dip the marinated chicken pieces or paneer into the gram flour batter and deep fry till the inside is cooked and the pakoda is golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.