What You Need:
- 1 cup American corn kernels, blanched and crushed
- 8 mini pizza breads
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 black peppercorns
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- Dried oregano and red chilli flakes, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 350°C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Arrange the pizza breads on the tray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or till slightly crisp.
- To make the pesto sauce, grind the fresh basil leaves, garlic and salt in a blender. Add the pine nuts, olive oil, peppercorns and Parmesan cheese one after the other. Grind till all the ingredients are well mixed. Transfer into a bowl.
- Spread the pesto sauce on top of the pizza breads and sprinkle the crushed corn over this.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese on each pizza and bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or till the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the oregano and red chilli flakes. Serve hot.