What You Need:
- Apple - 1
- Bananas - 2
- Mango pulp - 1 cup
- Golden raisins - 85gms
- Crushed ice - As required
- Pistachios, chopped - 12 to 16
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Peel and core the apple and cut it into slices. Peel and slice the bananas. Place the fruits in a freezer till frozen. Place the mango pulp in the fridge to chill.
- Blend the frozen apple and banana slices with mango pulp, golden raisins and crushed ice in a blender. Pour into individual tall glasses.
- Serve chilled, garnished with chopped pistachios.
Smoothies became widely available in the United States in the late 1960s when ice cream vendors and health food stores began selling them. The best smoothies are nutrientdense, providing vitamins and oils necessary for good nutrition. A smoothie for breakfast helps you get hydrated at the start of the day. Vegetables can also be added along with fruits to make a healthier smoothie. Kiwis and broccoli make an amazing combination! You can also add eggs, coconut cream and cream to your smoothie to make it richer in taste.