What You Need:
- Potatoes - 6 to 8 large
- Warm milk - 1 cup
- Butter - 6 teaspoons
- Roasted minced garlic - 2 teaspoons
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Freshly-ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan full of water.
- Boil and then simmer the potatoes uncovered, until they are tender.
- Drain the water.
- Add the milk, butter and garlic to the potatoes and mash.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Your mashed potatoes are ready!
Recipes for children by Sanjeev Kapoor, Master Chef, Author & Television Host.