What You Need:
- Soft guavas - 1kg
- Sugar (equivalent to the amount of guava pulp)
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Cut the guavas into quarters and remove the seeds.
- Put the seeds in a strainer and add a small amount of water.
- Rub into the strainer and press down with a flat spoon to extract the pulp surrounding the seeds.
- Blend the guava pieces to a smooth pulp using a blender.
- Put the pulp into a large, flat, heavy-bottomed dish on a medium flame.
- Add sugar to the guava pulp, according to desired sweetness.
- Stir frequently till it becomes hard to stir and the guava cheese begins to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Grease a platter and put the guava cheese onto it.
- Allow to cool a little and while still warm, cut into desired shapes.
- Store this in an air-tight container once cooled.
Recipe for children by Sanjeev Kapoor, Master Chef, Author & Television Host.