What You Need:
- Spring onions with greens, finely chopped - 5 to 6
- Whole-wheat flour (atta) - 1 1/2 cups
- Green chillies, chopped - 2
- Carom seeds (ajwain), crushed - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed - 2 medium
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped - 2 tablespoons
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Ghee as required
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with the recipe
- Take whole-wheat flour in a bowl. Add spring onions with greens, green chillies, carom seeds, salt, potatoes, red chilli powder, coriander leaves, yogurt and sufficient water and knead into a dough. Apply oil, cover and set aside for fifteen minutes.
- Divide the dough into eight equal portions. Roll into balls. Roll the balls in dry flour and rest for five minutes. Roll out into medium thick paranthas.
- With the help of an adult, heat a tawa and place a parantha on it. Cook on medium heat for two minutes. Turn and apply ghee on the cooked side. Turn again and apply some more ghee on the other side too. Cook till both sides turn a golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Recipes for children by Sanjeev Kapoor, Master Chef and Television Host