What You Need:
- Cornflakes - 2 cups
- Potato, boiled and diced - 1 large
- Onion, chopped - 1 medium
- Cucumber, seeded and diced - 1 large
- Tomato, seeded and diced - 1 large
- Pomegranate pearls - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- In a large bowl combine the potato, onion, cucumber, tomato, pomegranate pearls, salt and chaat masala and toss to mix well.
- Add the cornflakes, coriander leaves and lemon juice and toss again to mix well.
- Transfer the bhel into a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Pomegranates are a good source of vitamin C and fibre. They also contain minerals, iron, potassium, calcium and other nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin E and folic acid.