What You Need:
- Multigrain bread - 8 slices
- Cucumber - 1 medium
- Tomatoes - 2 medium
- Tofu - 100gms
- Pickled onions - 4 to 5
- Green chillies, - broken 2
- Sun dried tomatoes - 5 to 6
- Hung yoghurt - � cup
- Salt to taste
- Iceberg lettuce, a few hand torn leaves
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Slice the cucumber and tomatoes. Slice the tofu and pickled onions.
- Grind the green chillies, sun dried tomatoes, hung yoghurt and salt into a paste.
- Spread this paste over the bread slices. Place the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, tofu and onions on one slice. Sprinkle some salt and cover with another slice and press lightly. Cut and serve.
- Similarly make the remaining sandwiches.
- Recipe for children by Sanjeev Kapoor, Master Chef, Author and Television Host. E-mail: email@example.com
Tofu is made from the curd of soybean milk. It is a good source of dietary calcium and protects against bone weakness. A single serving delivers 10% of the daily requirement for calcium.