What You Need:
- 100 grams instant noodles, boiled
- 200 grams whole wheat flour + refined flour
- ½ tablespoon oil + for deep-frying
- ¼ cup cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup baby corn, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mixed capsicums (red, green and yellow), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup + for serving
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Whole wheat flour for dusting
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- To prepare the stuffing, heat ½ tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan, add the cabbage and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the baby corn and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the mixed capsicum and sauté for 1 minute. Add the chilli sauce and 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the crushed peppercorns, sugar, salt, chilli powder, noodles and coriander leaves, mix and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Switch off the heat and cool.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Divide the dough into large equal portions and roll out into thin discs, dusting with some wheat flour. Cut each disc into roundels using a medium-sized cookie cutter.
- Put some stuffing at the centre of each roundel, roll and seal using some water on the edges.
- Deep-fry the rolls in hot oil till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.