What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 400 grams jackfruit chunks
- Wraps, pitta bread or roti to serve
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, then add the mustard seeds. When they start popping, add the curry leaves and immediately add the sliced onions and cook, stirring continuously, for 5 to 6 minutes until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in all the spices, chilli and salt and cook for 2 minutes. Add the jackfruit to the paste, stir it in well and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with wraps, pitta bread or roti.