What You Need:
- Powdered sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder
- Silver varak for decoration
- Cashewnuts (soaked in water for 2 hours) - 2 cups
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Drain and blend the cashewnuts to a fine paste. Use as little water as possible when blending.
- In a heavy saucepan put sugar and the paste. Cook on a medium heat.
- Keep on stirring continuously till a soft lump is formed.
- Add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well. Spread on a clean greased work surface.
- Roll lightly with a rolling pin to a desired thickness.
- Apply the silver varak. Cool and cut into diamond-shaped burfis.
Recipe for children by Sanjeev Kapoor, Master Chef, Author and Television Host.