What You Need:
For the Potatoes:
- Peeled and quartered potatoes
- Whole milk or heavy cream - 1 cup
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper For The Snowman:
- Carrot - 1 long
- Baby carrot - 1
- Peas - 3
- Small radishes - 2
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Place the quartered potatoes into a large vessel.
- Cover the potatoes with water and add salt. Bring the water to a boil on the stove and cook at a gentle boil for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and mash until smooth. Add milk or cream to get the right consistency. Add butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Set a large serving tray next to your bowl of mashed potatoes.
- Scoop the potatoes onto the tray. Start building your snowman by creating a large snowball at the bottom. Scoop a slightly smaller amount of potato mash just above the first snowball to create the snowman's midsection. Then, add the smallest helping of potatoes on top for the head. Smooth out the potatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Scrape off the tips of the radishes with a peeler, slice off the tops and place the radishes on the snowman's face for eyes.
- Insert the baby carrot for the nose and the peas as buttons.
- Peel off two thin layers of the large carrot and drape the carrot strips across the snowmanís neck like a scarf.