What You Need:
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh parsley sprig for garnishing
- Heat sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan. Add salt and boil.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and add them to the boiling water. Cook till the potato cubes turn soft. Mash and strain in another non-stick pan.
- Place the pan with the potatoes back on the heat, add the milk and mix well till smooth. Add the butter, nutmeg powder and parsley and mix well.
- Garnish with a parsley sprig and serve hot.