What You Need:
- 2 whole wheat flour tortillas or rotis
- A few leaves of iceberg lettuce + for garnishing
- A few leaves of lollo rosso lettuce + for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons salsa sauce
- 2 tablespoons baked beans
- 2 teaspoons red chilli flakes
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated
- Oil to shallow fry
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Heat the tortillas or rotis on a non-stick tawa.
- Place the warm tortillas on a flat surface. Place the iceberg and lollo rosso lettuce leaves and add 1 tablespoon each of salsa sauce and baked beans. Sprinkle some red chilli flakes, a few separated onion rings and 1 tablespoon grated cheese at the centre of each tortilla. Bring the 2 ends over the stuffing such that they overlap.
- Place the stuffed tortillas on the non-stick tawa 1 at a time and heat for a minute, drizzle some oil and shallow fry evenly on both sides.
- Remove from the heat and cut into triangles. Serve immediately garnished with the remaining lettuce leaves.