What You Need:
For the Pudding
- 100 grams salted biscuits, powdered (I use Monaco)
- 25 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 200ml heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gelatin
- 14ml warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 4 motichoor laddoos
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
For the Garnish
- 2 tablespoons almond flakes
- Mix the powdered biscuits and butter and divide equally in the 4 jars. Press down lightly to form the base of the mousse and chill for 1 hour or until it sets.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and refrigerate.
- Soak the gelatin in warm water.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar over a double boiler until light and foamy.
- Add the gelatin liquid to the egg yolk and sugar mixture and whisk. Add the cardamom powder.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg yolks, gently, to make a cardamom mousse.
- Pour cup of the mousse over the biscuit base in the chilled jars. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Crush the motichoor laddoos and layer it over the mousse. Garnish with almond flakes and serve chilled.
This recipe has been excerpted from Rachel Goenka's ‘Adventures with Mithai’ published by HarperCollins India