What You Need:
- Oats - 1 cup
- Almonds, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Pistachios, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Raisins - 1/4 cup
- Currants - 1/4 cup
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- In a bowl, mix the oats, almonds, pistachios, raisins and currants.
- Boil sugar in a pan with 1/4 cup water. Reduce the heat and simmer till the mixture forms a 1-string consistency syrup.
- Add the sugar syrup to the oats mixture and mix to make a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and shape them into bars.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Almonds are incredibly rich in minerals like manganese, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, iron, zinc and potassium. They also contain a good amount of selenium Almonds are a powerhouse of vitamin E, riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, folate and vitamin B6.