What You Need:
- 1 cup farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 200 grams chicken mince
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut into ½cm cubes
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- ½ medium green capsicum, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small non-stick deep pan. Add ½ tablespoon garlic and sauté till golden. Add chicken mince, salt and crushed peppercorns, mix and cook till chicken is half done. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same small non-stick deep pan. Add the remaining garlic and sauté till golden. Add the onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add the carrot, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, capsicum, salt, crushed peppercorns and dried oregano. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta and mix. Add chicken stock, mix and cook for 1 minute. Cover and cook till pasta is almost done.
- Add cooked chicken and tomato ketchup, mix and cook till chicken and pasta are fully done.
- Serve hot.