What You Need:
- Urad dal papads - 10 large
- Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Onion, chopped - 1 large
- Cucumber, seeded and chopped - 1 medium
- Tomato, seeded and chopped - 1 medium
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped - 3 tablespoons
- Chaat masala - 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
- Red chilli garlic chutney - 1 teaspoon
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Roast the papads on a tawa on low heat pressing lightly with a muslin cloth. When slightly cool, crush them into fine pieces with your hand, transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil and temper with mustard seeds and asafoetida. Pour this onto the crushed papads and toss well.
- Mix the onion, cucumber, tomato, half the coriander leaves, chaat masala, lemon juice and red chilli garlic chutney and toss with the papad mixture.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander leaves and serve immediately.