What You Need:
- Penne, boiled - 200gms
- Low-fat cream - 2 tablespoons
- Cherry tomatoes - 20
- Olive oil - 3 1/2 tablespoons
- Black peppercorns, crushed - 5 to 6
- Salt to taste
- For the pesto sauce:
- Basil leaves - 3/4 cup
- Garlic cloves - 6
- Pine nuts - 3 tablespoons
- Parmesan cheese, crumbled - 1/4 cup
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- For the pesto sauce, grind together basil leaves, four garlic cloves, pine nuts, 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and parmesan cheese till smooth.
- Slice the remaining garlic cloves.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and saute till golden brown. Add the cherry tomatoes, pasta, salt and peppercorns and toss.
- Add the pesto sauce and toss. Add cream and toss. Cook for a minute. Serve hot.
Garlic is known for keeping colds at bay. Eating a clove of garlic when you feel like you may be catching a cold improves your immune system and strengthens up the natural defence system of the body. Garlic has anti-oxidants that help fight cancer and cancerous tumours. Garlic also has compounds that help prevent any kind of heart disease and lower cholesterol levels in the blood.