What You Need:
- 1 cup pressed rice (poha)
- 3 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 3 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- Oil to shallow fry
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Place the poha over a sieve and pour water over it to moisten it.
- Chop green chillies and add it to the mashed potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, crushed peanuts and poha and mix together.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan. Shape the poha mixture into round tikkis and place them on the pan. Shallow fry on medium heat, turning sides till both sides are golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.