What You Need:
- 12 cocktail chicken sausages
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin (jeera) powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- A pinch baking soda
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala + for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves + for sprinkling
- Oil for deep-frying
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Mix together the gram flour, rice flour, asafoetida, chilli powder, carom seeds, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, baking soda, chaat masala, turmeric powder and coriander leaves in a bowl. Add sufficient water and whisk to make a thick and smooth batter.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Dip the cocktail sausages in gram flour batter and deep-fry in hot oil till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and coriander leaves and serve hot with green chutney.