What You Need:
- 2 to 3 medium sweet potatoes (shakarkand), parboiled with skin
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon dried mango (amchur) powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Tomato ketchup to serve
- Green chutney to serve
- Ask a parent or adult to help you with this recipe.
- Heat sufficient oil in a deep pan.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thick slices. Flatten the slices between your palms by pressing them a little and deep-fry in hot oil till the pieces are golden brown and crisp. Drain them on an absorbent paper.
- To prepare the spice mix, mix together salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, amchur powder and coriander leaves in a bowl. While the tuks are still hot, sprinkle some spice mix over them and toss well.
- Insert a toothpick in each tuk and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.