What You Need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (shakarkand), peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1½ tablespoons date-tamarind chutney
- 1½ tablespoons green chutney
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin (jeera) powder
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnishing
- Fresh pomegranate pearls for garnishing
- 1-inch ginger cut into strips for garnishing
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep-fry the potato cubes till they are golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Deep-fry the sweet potato cubes in the same oil till they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Put the fried potatoes and sweet potato cubes in a bowl. Add the date-tamarind chutney, green chutney and mix. Add chilli powder, chaat masala, cumin powder, green chillies, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, pomegranate pearls and ginger strips and serve immediately.