What You Need:
- Lemon juice - 12 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Black salt - 4 teaspoons
- Powdered sugar - 10 teaspoons
- Cumin powder, darkly roasted - 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Club soda - 4 cups
- Ice cubes as required
- Fresh mint sprigs - 4
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Combine the lemon juice with salt, black salt, powdered sugar, roasted cumin powder and black pepper powder in a bowl.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into individual tall glasses. Top each up with club soda and ice cubes.
- Decorate with the mint sprigs and serve chilled.
Salt is involved in regulating the water content (fluid balance) of the body. The sodium component of salt is used for electrical signalling in the nervous system. However, too much salt increases the risk of health problems, including high blood pressure. Iodised salt is a lot healthier than plain salt because the iodine in the salt helps reduce the incidence of iodine deficiency in humans. Iodine deficiency commonly leads to thyroid gland problems.