What You Need:
- Grated processed cheese - 1/4 cup
- Spinach, blanched and chopped - 2 bunches (700gms)
- Whole wheat flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Oil - 3 tablespoons
- Garlic cloves, chopped - 2
- Green chillies, finely chopped - 2
- Garam masala powder and salt to taste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- Mix the flour with salt and 2 tablespoons of oil. Add sufficient water and knead to make a soft dough. Divide into 4 portions and roll out each portion into a thin chapatti. Heat a tawa, roast the chapattis lightly and set aside.
- For the filling, heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add the garlic and saute for a minute. Add the spinach, green chillies, salt and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Heat each chapatti on a tawa. Spread half the spinach mixture over it and top with half the cheese. Place another chapatti on top. Drizzle a little oil all around and cook for a few minutes. Flip over and drizzle a little more oil all around. Cook till both sides are evenly golden brown and crisp.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.
Garlic has anti-bacterial effects and helps reduce unhealthy fats and cholesterol. It is also a good anti-oxidant.