What You Need:
- Brown bread slices - 8
- White bread slices - 4
- Grated carrots - 1 cup
- Eggless mayonnaise - 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Grated cottage cheese - 1 cup
- Green chutney - 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ask a parent or adult to help with this recipe
- For the orange layer mix together the carrots, eggless mayonnaise and salt.
- For the green layer mix together the cottage cheese, green chutney and salt.
- Place a brown bread slice on the worktop. Spread the green layer evenly over it and then place the white bread slice over it.
- Spread the orange layer over the white bread slice evenly and top it with a brown bread slice. Press gently.
- Cut each sandwich into 3 finger-size pieces and serve immediately
A sandwich consists of two or more slices of bread with one or more fillings between them. During the Middle Ages, thick slabs of coarse and usually stale bread, called trenchers, were used as plates. After the meal, the food-soaked trencher was fed to a dog or to beggars or eaten by the diner. When the British first introduced the sandwich in India, the Indians called it a 'double roti'.Open faced sandwiches consist of a single slice of bread topped with meat, salad vegetables and various condiments. An ice cream sandwich consists of a layer of ice cream between two layers of cake or cookie. Similarly, Oreos are described as sandwich cookies because they consist of a soft filling between layers of cookie. The word 'butty' is often used in Northern areas of the United Kingdom as a synonym for sandwich. So you can have a chip butty, which is bread with a French fries and tomato ketchup stuffing.