A Trip to Bali


sent by Chandrachur Paul, International Robin Reporter, Class 6, Maz International School in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

 During my Deepavali holidays, my family and I went to Bali, an island in Indonesia. We landed at Ngurah Rai International Airport at 1.25pm and obtained our visa at the airport. We then hopped into a car, which took us to the Ramayana Hotel. After refreshing ourselves, we started exploring the Garuda Vishnu Kenchana, commonly known as GWK, which is a cultural park with a glorious statue. The sight was more exciting than I expected. It has many thrilling activities such as ATVs, rock climbing and Segway. Then we went to Ulu Watu where you can see the sunset and the Kecak dance.

The next day, we strolled down to the Kutah beach, which was about a 100mts away from our hotel. We collected seashells and played in the sand. After breakfast, we got into our car and travelled to the batik factory. There we saw how workers make batik. After that, we went to Batubulan, which is the centre of stone carving. Next, we went to Ubud, the traditional market of paintings and handicrafts. There wasn't anything that interested us there, so we did not buy anything. We moved on to Kintamani, where we had our dream lunch by having a scenic view of Mount Batur and its beautiful lake. While returning, we visited the Celuk, the centre of gold and silver work. This attracted my mother and she bought a pair of earrings.

The next day, after breakfast, we hired another car and went to the Odyssey Submarine trip, which is at Amuk Bay. From there we went on a boat to the mid-sea and climbed onto the top of the submarine. We went down the ladder to the passenger seating area. These 45 minutes were magical and went deep into my memory lane. The submarine went 100ft down from the sea level. I expected the trip to be scary but it wasn't so at all. Instead, it was fun and I could see different types of fishes, corals and oysters on the seabed. We then had a tasty barbecue lunch beside the sea.

Next, we travelled to the Nusa Dua beach, which is the place for water sports such as jet skiing, parasailing and banana boat rides. Well, those who went for jet skiing had to take an experienced driver with them. I opted for jet skiing. First, we went near a ship. Next, we followed a boat. Then, we went to the open sea. We drove three rounds. My father took a picture of the driver and me. After that, we went to the Tanah Lot Ocean Temple. The temple is located in mid-sea. But when we went there, the water level was quite high, so we could not wade through the water and into the ocean temple. Instead, we took pictures of the temple from the mainland.

We returned early from the tour and went shopping at the Matahari Shopping Mall. I was very happy as my father bought me lots of things. We then bought a few more things from the stalls nearby. We had dinner at an Indian restaurant and returned to our hotel. I could not sleep as I was leaving Bali the next day at 5.20pm.