Freaky Fantastic Facts
By Aashna Sanghani, Class 7, JBCN International School, Parel, Mumbai
Hilarious Human Body Facts:
1. If they were laid end to end, all of the blood vessels in the human body would encircle the Earth four times.
2. The foot is one of the most ticklish parts of the body.
3. The heart beats more than 3 billion times in the average human lifespan.
4. If an adult's small intestine was stretched out, it would be about 22 feet long (6.7 meters) — that's like 22 notebooks lined up end to end, all in a row!
Amazing Animal Adaptations:
1. The heart of a shrimp is located in its head.
2. Slugs have four noses.
3. Sloths can take up to a month to completely digest a single leaf.
4. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
5. Pigeons can do math at the same level as monkeys.
6. Frogs can freeze without dying.
7. Koalas sleep up to 22 hours a day because their diet requires a lot of energy to digest.
8. Crocodiles are one of the oldest living species, having survived for more than 200 million years
Ridiculous Random Facts:
1. The average person will spend six months of their life waiting for red lights to turn green.
2. A bolt of lightning contains enough energy to toast 100,000 slices of bread.
3. The world's largest pyramid isn't in Egypt. It's in Mexico!
4. Bottled water expiration dates are for the bottle, not the water. After a while, the plastic will start leaching into the liquid.
5. Indians spend more than 10 hours a week reading, more than any other country in the world.
6. Your funny bone (elbow) is actually a nerve!
7. Scotland has more than 400 words for "snow". That show how much snow it has!
8. McDonald's once tried to sell bubblegum-flavoured broccoli to encourage kids to eat healthier -Compiled by Aashna Sanghani