Jokes and Riddles
By Aratrika Guin, Class 7, Mount Litera Zee School, Howrah
1. Riddle: A man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat didn’t get a single hair on his head wet. Why?
Answer: He was bald.
2. Riddle: What gets wet while drying?
Answer: A towel
3. Riddle: What can you keep after giving to someone?
Answer: Your word
4. Riddle: A man dies of old age on his 25 birthday. How is this possible?
Answer: He was born on February 29.
5. Riddle: I have branches, but no fruit, trunk or leaves. What am I?
Answer: A bank
6. Riddle: The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?
7. Riddle: David’s parents have three sons: Snap, Crackle, and what’s the name of the third son?
8. Riddle: I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch me or catch me. What am I? Answer: Your shadow
9. Riddle: What has many keys but can’t open a single lock?
Answer: A piano
10. Riddle: What can you hold in your left hand but not in your right?
Answer: Your right elbow
11. Riddle: What is black when it’s clean and white when it’s dirty?
Answer: A chalkboard
12. Riddle: What gets bigger when more is taken away?
Answer: A hole
13. Riddle: I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest person can’t hold me for five minutes. What am I?
Answer: Your breath
14. Riddle: I’m found in socks, scarves and mittens; and often in the paws of playful kittens. What am I? Answer: Yarn
15. Riddle: Where does today come before yesterday?
Answer: The dictionary
16. Riddle: What invention lets you look right through a wall?
Answer: A window
17. Riddle: If you’ve got me, you want to share me; if you share me, you haven’t kept me. What am I?
Answer: A secret
18. Riddle: What can’t be put in a saucepan?
Answer: It’s lid
19. Riddle: What goes up and down but doesn’t move?
Answer: A staircase
20. Riddle: If you’re running in a race and you pass the person in second place, what place are you in?
Answer: Second place
21. Riddle: It belongs to you, but other people use it more than you do. What is it?
Answer: Your name
Q: What kind of dinosaur loves to sleep?
A: A stega-snore-us.
Q: Why couldn't the pony sing?
A: Because she was a little hoarse.
Q: What creature is smarter than a talking parrot?
A: A spelling bee.
Q: Where does the chicken like to eat?
A: At a rooster-ant!
Q: Why did the melon jump into the lake?
A: It wanted to be a water-melon.
Q: How does the ocean say hello?
A: It waves.
Q: What did the tree say to the wind?
A: Leaf me alone!
Q: How do you know when the moon has had enough to eat?
A: When it’s full!
Q: Why did the policeman go to the baseball game?
A: He'd heard that someone had stolen a base!
Q: What kind of shoes do all spies wear?