- 2 empty tissue paper rolls
- Coloured paper in yellow, black and any other colours of your choice
- 2 pairs of googly eyes
- Cut the black and yellow paper into thin long strips and wrap them around the tissue roll using glue to make a bee.
- Cut out a circle for the head of the bee and stick it on the top half of the roll.
- Cut out 2 antennae and stick them on top of the head.
- Stick 2 googly eyes on the circle to create a face and draw a mouth.
- Voila! Your BUZZZZZing bee is ready!
- Follow the same steps to make a butterfly using different coloured paper. Make sure to cut wings out of the coloured paper and stick them at the back of the tissue roll.
- You can also make a ladybird (using red and black paper), a caterpillar (using green paper) and lots of other bugs!
Abha Shah is the founder of PodSquad, which creates and sells children’s educational toys and games for ages 1 to 10 years with a range of themed activity boxes focused on early childhood learning and development. PodSquad also runs an online community sharing ideas for home-based activities to help children learn important concepts and skills through play, called the PodSquad Activity Zone. Follow them on Instagram @podsquadbox.