Spiritual intelligence or SQ measures a person based on their self-awareness, integrity, empathy, compassion, ability to celebrate diversity and above all, the ability to face a situation of adversity. Where emotional quotient (EQ) and intelligence quotient (IQ) measure the person’s heart and mind, SQ measures the vastness of the soul. In today’s day and age, where social restrictions prevent people from meeting each other, developing one’s SQ will help increase one’s ability to be aware and insightful— qualities one would have learnt from social interactions.
Here’s what you need to do to develop your SQ:
- Register for yoga courses: Yoga is one of the most effective techniques to improve spiritual intelligence. Meditation and pranayama remove strain from the body and soul.
- Take a self-awareness test online: Explore your spiritual core by taking an online test that will give you in-depth knowledge about yourself. This will not only make you more humble, but will also give you a sense of achievement.
- Talk to counsellors online: Look for deeper meaning in life and analyse your personality to know the real cause of your behaviour and problems, if any. Once you understand your behavioural patterns, you will be able to mend your behaviour.
- Get it out: Blog, tweet or create vlogs about what you feel. Expressing yourself will help you put words to your feelings and in turn, add meaning to your life. Reflecting on your behaviour is another way of understanding your ways.
Why do you need to develop SQ?
Simply put, SQ helps you:
- Understand who you are and why you do the things you do.
- Realise who you are. Living with that realisation makes you more accepting and forgiving.
- Get rid of ego, thus making you humble.
- Understand people better.
- Free yourself from physical attachments.
REFLECTION: A Better You!
List 5 ways to develop spiritual intelligence.