- A4-size thick drawing sheet
- Black marker
- Colourful markers
- Hold an A4-size paper vertically. As shown in the picture, leave 5 finger spaces from the left and draw a line vertically that measures a little more than your index finger. Then, draw a line horizontally starting from the bottom of the vertical line towards the right end of the page (Picture 1).
- Leave 2 finger spaces from the first rectangle and draw the second rectangle. Then, leaving another 2 finger spaces each, create the third and the fourth rectangles. For the fifth and sixth rectangles, leave 1 finger space each. Create concentric rectangles (Picture 2).
- Divide the empty space on the left into 2 halves by drawing a vertical line. Then, draw the triangle pattern shown in the picture (Pictures 3 and 4).
- Touching the bottom tip of the rectangle, draw a curve to create a rocking chair as shown (Pictures 5 and 6).
- After leaving 2 finger spaces from the rocking chair, create the oval of the pot. Draw the curves of the 2 sides of the pot and join them at the bottom with another curve. Below the pot, draw 2 more curves as shown. The second curve will have 2 short vertical lines at its ends. Join those lines with another curve. Then, draw vertical lines for the legs of the table (Pictures 7 and 8).
- To draw tulip flowers in the pot, first make the stem and then a curve shaped like the alphabet ‘U’. Convert the U-shaped curve to a flower by drawing 3 petals—1 on the left, 1 on the right and 1 in the middle (Pictures 9 and 10).
- Next, draw slanting lines for the floor. Erase the lines that come in between objects (Pictures 11 and 12).
- Use a black marker to darken the lines and erase any pencil lines that may be visible (Picture 13).
- Colour the picture as you like. Markers have been used to colour this picture (Pictures 14 and 15).
Dishita Vora is the founder of Innovative Concepts, an art enrichment programme for all ages. It is a place where all forms of art are celebrated. Innovative Concepts conducts art programmes, birthday parties, camps, workshops, play dates and corporate programmes. Follow them on @innovative_concepts.in