February 01, 2024
- On January 22, Prime Minister Narendra Modi oversaw the Pran Pratishtha or consecration ceremony at the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya.
- The three-storey temple is being constructed in the traditional Nagara style using pink sandstone sourced from Mirzapur and the Bansi-Paharpur area of Rajasthan.
- The Ram Lalla idol in the temple is a representation of Lord Ram as a five-year-old child. The idol is made from black stone known as krishnashila, which is readily available near Mysore. The idol has been created by sculptor Arun Yogiraj.
- The construction of the mandir emphasises traditional and indigenous technology with a focus on water and environment conservation.
- On Ram Navami Day, a series of lenses and mirrors will focus the rays of the sun on the forehead of the idol, lighting it up for approximately six minutes. This is called the Surya Tilak. The mechanism has been designed by scientists at the CSIR-Central Building Research Institute.
Image Source: facebook.com