- A4-size paper
- Thin-nibbed black marker
- Sketch pens
- Start by giving your paper a 1.5 centimetre border on all 4 sides.
- Use the pencil to start creating a pattern, layer by layer. Start at the base and draw some rocks; then make some shrubs. Draw a tree and some dunes, mountains and clouds.
- Use the black marker to mark the pattern. Now, start with the rocks and create a different doodle or zentangle design in each space—the rocks, shrubs, trees, dunes, mountains and clouds.
- When you’ve filled in all the layers, colour the border using the black marker.
- Your doodle forest is ready.